NIE Essentials Of Teaching and Learning
In response to changing learning environments, National Arts Council (NAC) has worked with National Institute of Education (NIE) to offer an updated digital version of the course, Essentials of Teaching and Learning, designed for Teaching-Artists working in Singapore schools. Combining both asynchronous and synchronous online teaching approaches, this course equips Teaching-Artists with the skills and knowledge to conduct arts programmes in schools.
The course aims for participants to:
- Gain a basic understanding of the key concepts in teaching and learning, the learning dispositions and capabilities of children and youth
- be able to write basic curriculum and lesson plans, and design effective assessments for evaluation of learning
- reflect on their teaching and facilitation of learning in the arts classrooms and further improve their pedagogical approaches
- be prepared to enact curriculums for both in-person and digital classrooms.
The course will cover 5 broad areas:
- Psychology of Learning
- Curriculum Planning
- Lesson planning and Assessment
This course will supersede the previous training course, Essentials of Teaching and Learning Module (EM) that was conducted by the National Institute of Education International (NIEI) from 2012 to 2021. For further queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full cost of the training is $2,200 (excluding GST) per participant.
Singaporeans and PRs are eligible for 70% subsidy under SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and will only need to pay $707.27 (including GST). For more information about course fees and subsidy eligibility, please refer to the NIE webpage here.