BUSKING SCHEME TERMS & CONDITIONS
The National Arts Council’s (NAC) issuance of the Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) to you is conditional on your continued compliance with these T&Cs that are applicable to NAC's Busking Scheme.
If you disagree with or do not wish to be bound by these T&Cs, kindly inform NAC by returning your Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) to us for cancellation.
1. Your Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) is personal to you and not transferrable.
2. NAC shall not be responsible for any claims, demands, losses, damages penalties, expenses and liability of any kind arising from your acts, omissions or negligence.
3. You will be liable for and shall indemnify and hold NAC harmless from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties, expenses and liability of any kind.
4. Although NAC and Venue Partners have taken steps to ensure that the busking locations provide you a safe environment to showcase your talent, neither NAC nor Venue Partners will be responsible for any loss, damage to property, physical illness, injury or death you encounter while busking or otherwise arising from busking under the Busking Scheme, unless caused by our gross negligence.
5. If you are 17 years of age and below, you must have submitted to NAC, valid parental or guardian consent, to your participation as a busker that has not been withdrawn, cancelled or terminated.
6. If you are found to have submitted inaccurate or misleading information in your application to NAC, or your busking act substantially differs from your Audition in style and/or substance, your Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) will be revoked.
7. You shall:
a. Clearly display the Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) issued to you by the National Arts Council during all busking acts.
b. Provide your Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) along with other forms of identification documents (e.g. NRIC/passport) for verification by the authorities, personnel of NAC’s Venue Partners and NAC's appointed management agency, as required.
c. Only busk at designated busking locations after you have obtained confirmed slot(s) (by booking or balloting) within the Busking E-service.
d. Keep the sound level generated from your busking act at a reasonable volume (e.g.55dBA to 65dBA), but no louder than 65dBA.
e. Keep your confirmed slots (by booking or balloting), and abide by the busking hours stipulated within the Busking E-service.
f. Obtain, at your cost, all necessary licenses, permits and approvals for the use of any materials (dangerous or otherwise), equipment, props, and/or intellectual property (including but not limited to copyright and composer's fees) during the busking act.
g. Monitor your audiences and ensure that they do not cause obstruction to pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
h. Comply with requests and guidelines from Venue Partners or their on-site Managing Agents arising from obstructions to pedestrian or vehicular traffic, or safety issues.
i. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations prevalent in Singapore at all times when busking.
j. Report any lost or stolen Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) to the Police and NAC immediately.
8. You shall not:
a. Obstruct or cause obstruction to pedestrian or vehicular traffic;
b. Actively solicit any gratuity;
c. Price any items/merchandise for sale (i.e. hawking);
d. Use any sound amplification device, other than those that are battery-operated;
e. Make any vulgar or obscene gesture or remark; and
f. Display any signboards or advertising collaterals (other than your Busking Card) that are used for the purposes of touting, fundraising or soliciting for any gratuity from the public.
9. Your busking act must not, in NAC's sole opinion be:
a. Offensive or obscene in nature;
b. Derogatory to or defamatory of any third party; or
c. Bring disrepute to or prejudice NAC in any way whatsoever, or be construed to:
i. Advocate or lobby for lifestyles seen as objectionable by the general public;
ii. Denigrate or debase a person, group or class of individuals on the basis of race or religion, or serve to create conflict or misunderstanding in our multicultural and multi-religious society;
iii. Undermine the authority or legitimacy of the government and public institutions, or threaten the nation’s security or stability; and/or
iv. Have a political or religious agenda or proselytise any particular faith, save in accordance with the law.
d. Causing nuisance or inconvenience to businesses operating or residents living in surrounding areas, or causing obstruction pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
10. NAC reserves the right to revise these T&Cs at any time, at its sole discretion.
The Council reserves the right to immediately cancel or suspend your Letter of Endorsement (Busking Card) should you breach any of these T&Cs.
You acknowledge that, by performing at the designated venue locations, you may be subject to a separate set of requests and guidelines from the Venue Partners, who may pause or discontinue your performance, where they deem necessary.