Tote Board Arts Fund
An initiative of the Singapore Totalisator Board, the Tote Board Arts Fund provides support to local artists and arts groups in bringing the arts to communities and creating shared experiences for people to connect with one another. The Fund is managed by a committee appointed by the National Arts Council (NAC).
The Arts Fund is open to individual artists, registered arts organisations and collectives, and support projects that fulfil these criteria:
- Music, dance, theatre, musical theatre and multi-disciplinary performances
- Visual arts (including photography) exhibitions
- Literary arts events (e.g. readings, poetry performances)
- A well-designed approach to connect audiences/ participants with people from another social group (e.g. ethnicities, age groups).
- A good understanding of its target audience segment(s) and are designed to appeal to their specific needs to maximise audience satisfaction and engagement.
Applications are assessed by an independent Arts Fund Committee comprising art specialists and experienced arts administrators.
The members of the current Arts Fund Committee (FY2020 - FY2022) are:
Mr Lee Suan Hiang (Chairperson)
Dr Uma Rajan
Mrs Chong Yuan Chien
Mr Eric James Watson
Dr Kartini Bte Anwar
Ms Melissa Quek
Ms Serene Lim
Ms Suenne Megan Tan
Applicants may concurrently seek funding from both the Arts Fund and NAC’s other grant schemes for the same project.