The Young Artist Award is open for public nominations once a year. Concurrently, the National Arts Council (NAC) also invites individuals with a strong interest in and knowledge of arts and cultural development in Singapore to submit nominations.
All eligible nominations received by NAC will be evaluated by the appointed Specialist Panels, comprising people established in the various artistic fields.
Besides artistic merit, the selection process will also consider nominees’ potential to be role models within the wider arts scene. The final recommendations from the Panels will be presented to the Minister of Culture, Community and Youth for approval.
Nominations for the 2024 Young Artist Award is now open until Monday, 25 March 2024, 5pm.
Download the Nomination Guidelines: 2024 Young Artist Award Nomination Guidelines
Submit your nominations here.
- Nominees must be Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents of Singapore of good character and must be 35 years or below, as of the year of nomination.
- Nominations for the Young Artist Award are accepted for living artists. The award is not conferred posthumously.
Young Artist Award nominees are assessed upon the extent to which they have achieved or demonstrated all of the following:
- A strong body of work that gives evidence of a clear artistic vision and the potential for continued excellence
- Significant contribution and positive impact in shaping his/her field of practice and Singapore’s artistic development, with potential to play a greater leadership role
- Ability to be an inspiration and role model to other artists in Singapore and overseas