Specialist Certificate in Teaching and Learning of Preschool Arts Education
To broaden access to and deepen engagement in the arts in pre-schools and to provide more learning opportunities for arts instructors who are keen to work in this field, the National Arts Council (NAC) partnered SEED Institute to offer the course for Specialist Certificate in Teaching and Learning of Preschool Arts Education.
Through this 48-hour course, participants will learn to deliver arts programmes in a standard ECCE learning environment, as well as a diverse classroom with students of different learning abilities. The course covers the following areas in early childhood education:
- Child Development 4-6
- Teaching and Pedagogical Approaches in Early Childhood Arts Education
- Integrating the Arts into the NEL Early Childhood Curriculum
- Lesson Design and Delivery for Performing Arts & Visual Arts Curriculum
- Designing Art Programmes for Socially Diverse Classrooms
- Holistic Evaluation in Arts Education
- Managing Challenging Behaviours
This programme comprises of 7 modules. Assessment of the modules will comprise quizzes, projects, discussions, presentations and online tasks.
This course will supersede the previous training course Teaching the Arts in an Early Childhood Environment that was conducted by SEED Institute from 2014 to 2019.
The application window for this course has closed.
For further information about the course, please refer to SEED Institute webpage.