COMMUNITY/SPORTS FACILITIES SCHEME
The Community/Sports Facilities Scheme (CSFS) is an initiative by the Urban Development Authority. CSFS facilitates the co-location of compatible community and sports uses with highly accessible commercial developments for mutual benefit.
Since its introduction in 2003, the CSFS has benefited a wide range of community/sports users, including public libraries and non-profit community service provider like eldercare, child care and arts organisations. To date, NAC has supported several arts organisations to onboard CSFS at different commercial developments such as Bugis+, Changi City Point, Funan Mall, Northpoint City and Orchard Central.
To qualify for the CSFS, the community uses should be non-profit in nature and endorsed by a championing government agency. The activities carried out within the CSFS space should have a predominant public outreach component that directly serves the public, and any space for ancillary uses (e.g. offices) should be kept to a maximum of 40% of total GFA of the CSFS space. For additional information on CSFS, please visit URA’s website.
For arts organisations interested in applying for a CSFS space, you may reach out to Max_CHENG@nac.gov.sg
To qualify for CSFS, interested arts organisations need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO).
- Have a strong community/public outreach programme as a part of the proposed use for the CSFS space.
- 60% or more of the total gross floor area of the CSFS space must be used for community/public outreach. Ancillary uses such as offices cannot exceed 40% of the gross floor area.
- The non-profit organisation is better enabled to serve its social mission by locating within a highly accessible commercial development.
INTERESTED ARTS ORGANISATIONS
Arts organisations interested in the CSFS may register your interest with us by emailing Max_CHENG@nac.gov.sg. Please furnish us with the following details:
- Name of Arts Organisation
- Contact Person
- Contact Number
- Space requirement (in square feet)
- Brief explanation on the proposed use of CSFS space (not more than 250 words)