FOREIGN ARTISTIC TALENT SCHEME
The Foreign Artistic Talent Scheme (ForArts) was introduced in 1991 for outstanding international arts professionals to become Singapore Permanent Residents (PR) in recognition of their cultural significance and contribution. The scheme aims to enable committed and talented individuals to play a critical role in advancing the arts and cultural landscape in Singapore through the deepened engagement with local communities, and contribution to the diversity of expertise.
The Scheme is jointly administered by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and the National Arts Council (NAC). However, ICA remains the final authority on all PR applications.
To be considered for the ForArts Scheme, applicants must meet all the following minimum criteria:
- Possess relevant training/education in their field of practice
- Possess relevant professional experience, with outstanding achievements, in the field of Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Literary Arts, Design and/or Media
- Have made significant contributions to Singapore’s arts and cultural scene, including a strong track record of local engagements at leadership level
- Have concrete future plans to be involved in Singapore’s arts and cultural sector
Besides possessing the ability to play a critical role in advancing local arts and culture, and the commitment to do so, eligible applicants must furthermore demonstrate good character and the ability to be a role model for their peers, in order to be considered favourably for support under this scheme.
To apply, submit the completed Application Form with a copy of your CV to any of the NAC managers listed below by email or post to
Foreign Artistic Talent Scheme
C/O Capability Development Department
National Arts Council
90 Goodman Road
Goodman Arts Centre, Blk A, #01-01
- For suitable applicants, NAC may contact applicants to submit additional documents for further assessment. Applicants will be notified of the outcome within 3 months of NAC receiving all necessary documents.
- Successful applicants for the ForArts Scheme will be required to complete ICA’s PR Application Form and provide all required supporting documents, to be submitted with NAC’s recommendation under the ForArts Scheme.
- ICA is the final authority on all PR applications
DIRECT APPLICATIONS TO ICA
Foreign artists who have worked in the arts in Singapore on a P, Q, S work pass for at least 2-3 years and would like to apply for permanent residence, but do not satisfy the criteria of the above Scheme, can make a direct application for permanent residence to ICA. For more information on available PR schemes, please visit ICA’s website.