Two new National Arts Council Members appointed
Two new board members have joined the National Arts Council (NAC). They are:
- Mr Suhaimi Zainul-Abidin, Partner, Allen & Gledhill LLP
- Ms Tan Li San, Director, Strategic Policy Office, Prime Minister’s Office
Appointed by the Minister for Information, Communications and The Arts, Dr. Yaacob Ibrahim, their 1-year term began this month, and ends on 31 August 2012, same as the otherCouncil members:
- Ms Aw Kah Peng, Chief Executive, Singapore Tourism Board
- Mr Dick Chia, Group CEO, Helu-Trans Group
- Mr Hsieh Fu Hua, President & Executive Director, Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd
- Ms Melissa Aratani Kwee, Vice President (Human Capital), Pontiac Land Group
- Mr Ng Cher Pong, Deputy Secretary (Policy), Ministry of Education
- Mr Benson Puah, CEO, National Arts Council
- Ms Priscylla Shaw, Member, Shaw Foundation
- Ms Sim Ann, Director, Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education & Law
- Ms Audrey Wong Wai Yen, Programme Leader, LASALLE College of the Arts
- Ms Woo Mun Ngan, Assistant Editor, Lianhe Zaobao
- Mr Vinod Kumar, Chief Operating Officer, TATA Communications
- Mr Yam Ah Mee, Chief Executive Director, People’s Association
- Mr Yeoh Oon Jin, Head of Assurance, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
Mr Edmund Cheng has been re-appointed as Chairman till 31 August 2012. This is his third term with the NAC.
The Council would also like to thank Mr Latiff Ibrahim, Managing Director, Inca Law LLC for his contributions and services to the Council.
Council members are drawn from a cross-section of leading and prominent figures from the public and private sectors, as well as the arts community. The Council guides the work of the National Arts Council in the development and promotion of the arts in Singapore. In particular, the Council oversees matters of corporate and financial governance, and advises the management on the planning of major arts initiatives and schemes.