Singapore Arts Festival 2006 - Festival Updates
Singapore Arts Festival 2006
~ One Season. Many Faces ~
1 June – 25 Jun
Cancellation of Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra’s Concerts
The National Arts Council regrets to announce that the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra has cancelled its two performances on 21 and 22 June, due to official strike action called by the Musicians’ Union in Norway with effect from 16 June. Refunds for the two shows will be made from 16 to 30 June 2006. Details of how to obtain the refunds are in the Annex.
Audiences are encouraged to catch the Festival’s diverse range of quality arts performances before the season draws to a close on 25 June. For classical music fans, tickets to performances of Collegium Vocale Gent (Belgium) and Camerata Salzburg (Austria) are still available.
Ticket Sales – Sold Out Performances*
*(i.e. individual shows not the entire production)
The Festival has registered a very strong showing among patrons and we are pleased to announce that even more performances have sold out or are selling fast.
The following performances have been sold out:
- Quest by Singapore Dance Theatre and Singapore Chinese Orchestra (1 June)
- The Philharmonic Winds (3 June)
- The Vegetable Orchestra (7, 8 and 9 June)
- A Stranger At Home by Drama Box (8 June)
- Forward Moves (9, 10 June)
- John Williams and Richard Harvey (9 June)
- Geisha by TheatreWorks (10 June)
- Ghana Sangam (11 June)
- Play on Earth by Station House Opera (all 9 pm and 4 pm performances)
Ticket Sales – Fast-Selling Productions
In addition, the following productions are selling fast:
- Bella Figura by Nederlands Dans Theater I
- The Great War by Hotel Modern
- Phobia by Chamber Made Opera
- Play on Earth by Station House Opera
- Jerusalem Dreaming by Victoria Hanna & The Israeli Contemporary String Quartet
Patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets early to avoid disappointment.
Annex – Ticket Refund Policies and Procedures