Appointment of New Members To The National Arts Council
The Minister for Information, Communications and The Arts has appointed five new members to the National Arts Council for a 2-year term with effect from 1 September 2004. They are:
- Paul Joseph Lawrence (Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank)
- Lawrence Leow Chin Hin (Executive Chairman, Crescendas Group)
- Matthew Ngui Ming Fook (Artist)
- Noor Effendy Bin Ibrahim (Artistic Director & Producer, Teater Ekamatra)
- Albert Chua (Principal Private Secretary to Senior Minister, Prime Minister’s Office)
14 existing members were re-appointed, making a total of 19 members in the new Council.
The Council members are drawn from a cross-section of leading and prominent figures from the public and private sectors, as well as the arts community. Its role is to oversee arts policy and strategy for the development and promotion of the arts in Singapore. It also advises the management on the planning and operation of the Council’s major projects and schemes.
The Council would like to thank outgoing members Jaspal Singh, LimYau, Chua Ek Kay and Tham Khai Meng for their past contributions and services to the Council.
The full list of Council members is in the Annex.