Additional Show for Singapore Arts Festival 2004
Extra Show for Soweto Gospel Choir
The National Arts Council is pleased to announce that the two performances of the Soweto Gospel Choir have sold out. An additional performance – matinee will be staged on 5 June at 3pm at the Victoria Concert Hall. Tickets are priced at $52, $42, $32 and $22.
The Soweto Gospel Choir showcases the best talents from the churches and communities of Soweto in South Africa. Their performances celebrate the unique and inspiring power of African gospel music. Formed in 2003, the 25-strong ensemble has achieved major success in South Africa and overseas, including sold-out performances at the 2003 Edinburgh Festival. The group also received the prestigious 2003 Helpmann Award for Best Contemporary Concert Presentation. The award, the Australian equivalent of Broadway’s Tony Awards and London’s Olivier Awards, was established in 2001 to recognise artistic achievement and excellence in the live entertainment industry.
Tickets for the additional show will be on sale from today, via the Festival’s website at www.singaporeartsfest.com, and through SISTIC hotline 6348 5555, website www.sistic.com.sg. and at SISTIC counters.
Overall Ticket Sales
To date, the following performances have sold out:
- ma by Akram Khan on 28 May, 8.30pm
- Symphony of a Thousand by Singapore Symphony Orchestra on 29 & 30 May, 7.30pm
- Voices from Heaven by Soweto Gospel Choir on 4 & 5 June, 8pm
- Morphia Series by Helen Herbertson and Ben Cobham on 8 June, 8.15pm and 12 June, 3pm
- Yo-Yo Ma with the Singapore Symphony Orchestra on 15 June, 7.30pm
- Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble on 19 & 20 June, 7.30pm