Performing Arts Tours Workshop - Open Call
About the Performing Arts Tours Workshop
The Performing Arts Tours Workshop is a 2-day networking and ideation platform open to local arts practitioners and tour operators. In the facilitated workshop, arts practitioners and tour operators will learn about the local performing arts and tour landscape through the sharing sessions by our local arts groups, as well as going on tour experiences. Participants will also have the opportunity to network with potential collaborators by working together to design and create new concepts for performing arts tours through an ideation session.
This workshop is held in tandem with the STB-NAC Performing Arts Tours Pilot Grant, a one-time grant that aims to support the development of innovative, sustainable performing arts tours pilots. The application must be jointly submitted by an arts practitioner and tour operator with either party as the lead applicant.
Workshop dates: 19, 20 April 2021
Who can apply to the Arts Tours Workshop?
The workshop is open to:
- Individuals who are Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents (PR) residing in Singapore and work in the local arts scene.
- Arts organisations that are either registered as entities with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) or a Society with the Registry of Societies (ROS) at the time of application.
- Arts collectives in Singapore may apply, but the lead applicant must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who will take on legal and financial responsibilities on behalf of the collective.
Due to limited capacity, priority will be given to applicants who have prior experience in developing tours and/or site-specific/promenade works with performative elements. Organisations and individuals that have outstanding debts or reports with the NAC and/or STB at the time of application will not be considered.
Applicants who are not selected for the workshop may still submit a proposal for the STB-NAC Performing Arts Tours Pilot Grant if they meet the relevant criteria. More details on the STB-NAC Performing Arts Tours Pilot Grant will be published at a later date.
How do you apply for the Performing Arts Tours Workshop?
Please submit your application through FormSG here.
Applicants will need to complete the application on FormSG in one sitting, therefore please ensure that you have the following document ready to be uploaded as a single attachment of no more than 7MB:
- For individuals, please submit your Curriculum Vitae.
- For organisations/collectives, please submit the Curriculum Vitae of the representative, along a list of the organisation/collective's past works and samples (if any), as a single document.
All applications must be submitted by 19 March 2021, 5pm. Late and incomplete submissions (e.g. incomplete fields, missing supporting document) will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be informed by week of 5 April 2021.
How will your application be assessed?
In the application form, you will be required to describe to us:
- The role you play in the arts and how the workshop can strengthen your practice and capacity as a professional working in the arts
- How the workshop addresses your capability development objectives
- How the workshop will support and help you potentially develop a new or sustained source of income
The selection will be guided by the following criteria, which are equally weighted:
- Relevance of programme to the applicant’s capability development (50%)
- The relevance of the programme to your stated capability development objectives
- The extent to which the programme strengthens your practice and capacity as a professional working in the arts
- The strength of the write-up in articulating how it can help develop a new or sustained source of income for the company/ individual
- Applicant’s track record and potential (50%)
- Your track record (e.g. in developing arts tours/site-specific works) and commitment to local arts scene
- The extent to which your skills and abilities demonstrate your potential for further development and sustained contribution to the local arts scene (e.g. in the development of arts tours for new or sustained source of income)
If you have any questions, please contact:
Fervyn Kate Tan